About Wildernest Hilltop Resort
Located on the hilltop opposite to the Singabad Fort, this resort provides a perfect holiday for couples, families or friends. Equipped with kids play area, nature walk, swimming pool, outdoor games, festivities like Tomatino etc., it is a right destination to head during holidays.
How to reach?
By Road :
The resort is on the Singagad Road. After Warje on the Pune-Bangalore Highway, take the service road on the left Wadgaon Budruk before the flyover and take a right turn under the flyover, drive backwards and at the end of the road take a left turn to Tanaji Malusare Road and continue to drive along the Khadakwasla reservoir till Defence Academy, turn right and drive till Donje Gaon where at the four road intersection, take the left turn (road to the right goes to Panshet and straight to Sinhagad Fort) and drive till you climb the hill to the entrance of Wildernest Hilltop Resort.
Private buses and private taxis are available from the nearby cities and towns to the spot.
Nearest railway station is Pune which is at a distance of 30 kms from the spot.
The nearest airport is Pune.
Visited the resort with spouse in March 2017.
What to do there?
There are a lot of activities that can be done at this resort, particularly for children and groups such as :
- Childrens play park. This park has sliders, animal statues, and sitting area for elders.
- Swimming Pool. Located right next to the rooms, and accomapnied by music, this swimming pool is a good relaxation place. The resort provides playing balls for water sports inside the pool.
- Nature Walk. Well laid out concretised walk area surrounding the resort with trees with flowers. Different variety of birds are seen around.
- Rain dance. Right next to the swimming pool, this facility allows the guests to enjoy rain dance accompanied by music.
- Water Zorbing for children. This sport for children above the age of 5 years. The child is placed inside the balloon and when the child moves, the balloon moves over the water.
- Indoor Games like Table Tennis, Carroms and Pool.
- Play Ground for box cricket. Well laid out pitch for playing box cricket. The resort has made good arrangements for holding sports in different grounds.
- Dance programme and DJ near the Swimming Pool at night. Depending upon the occpancy, the resort arranges for DJ and dance programme in the evening hours, which is quite exciting with lights and music.
- Celebrating Holi :
Holi festival was celebrated on the night of 12th March 2017 by the resort in a very dignified and eco-friendly manner. The Holi fire was lit after performing the rituals by the owners of the resort in the presence of the guests.
- Tomatino Festival : This unique sport activity is scheduled to be held by the resort this year on 19th March 2017. Last year it is reported that the resort had attendence of 800 participants for this sport.
What to see around?
- Sinhagad Fort is located on the opposite hill at a distance of 9 kms.
- Khadakwasla Dam is located at a distance of about 8 kms.
- Panshet Dam is located at around 15 kms.
Other places to see around the resort are:
- Rajgad Fort - 16 kms
- Krishna Water Park on the way at Parvati, Pune.
One of the preferable resorts for a quick holiday away from the hustle and bustle of city life like Pune or Mumbai.